Ship Windows Repair
Ship windows repair is a service offered to shipowners and shipyards. It consists in repair and regeneration of ship windows damaged during construction, renovation or exploitation of the ship. We remove scratches, burns, matting, deposits and corrosion of ship windows.
Removal of Window Burns Caused by Grinder Sparks
Removal of Window Burns Caused by Weld Spatter
Removal of Windows Scratches
Polishing Glass Matting and Pitting
Renewal and Regeneration of Used Windows
Why Repair and NOT Replacement?
1. How do we do it?
Removal of window damage consists in grinding of an appropriate window layer, enabling access to the bottom of the damage. After grinding the damage, we polish the window until it obtains 100% translucency.
2. Does the window look like a new one after the repair?
Yes, the window looks like a new one after our repairs. There are no side effects left after the repair, e.g. lenses or insufficient polishing. In case of ship windows, we have been performing the service for 9 years and no single window has broken.
However, there is damage that simply cannot be removed in 100%. In such cases, we inform the customer about the degree, in which we can help to solve the problem.
3. How long does the repair take?
In case of unproblematic access to the window, repair of surface of up to 1m2 takes:
- Renewal of a used window – 1h to 4h depending on the degree of damage,
- Repair of scratched window – approx. 4h,
- Repair of burns caused by sparks – approx. 6h,
- Repair of burns caused by weld spatter – approx. 8h.
4. What is needed to carry out appropriate repair?
- Free access to the windows. The worker must be able to move freely near the window.
- Ambient temperature of above -5°, no rain and gusty winds.
- In case of deep damage at the edges, the window must be dismantled in order to execute repairs properly.
- 230V 16 A power supply, access to water and sanitary facilities.
5. What kind of damage we do not repair?
– Burns and deep scratches in the peripheral area of the window (up to 50 mm from the edge).
6. What kind of windows we do not repair
– We repair all kinds of ship windows excluding windows with external layers (filters). In practice, to this day we have not encountered ship windows with such layers.
7. How much does the repair cost?
– Detailed repair cost is given after completing a form, however, it is always much cheaper and faster than replacement.
9. How far do we travel?
– We provide services all over the world, however, keep in mind visa restrictions and travel costs. We prefer the EU market.
Find us at the following address or contact us by phone or e-mail.
ul. Kapitańska 10/6, Gdynia 81-331
+48 517 720 854